Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (49) Girl on a Wire

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:19 PM with 11 comments
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. Click the link to see the original post plus a whole slew of links to other blogs. After you read this one, of course.



17838538 Girl on a Wire

Authors: Gwenda Bond
Publisher: Skyscape
Release Date: October 14, 2014

Link to Goodreads:

A ballerina, twirling on a wire high above the crowd. Horses, prancing like salsa dancers. Trapeze artists, flying like somersaulting falcons. And magic crackling through the air. Welcome to the Cirque American!

Sixteen-year-old Jules Maroni’s dream is to follow in her father’s footsteps as a high-wire walker. When her family is offered a prestigious role in the new Cirque American, it seems that Jules and the Amazing Maronis will finally get the spotlight they deserve. But the presence of the Flying Garcias may derail her plans. For decades, the two rival families have avoided each other as sworn enemies.

Jules ignores the drama and focuses on the wire, skyrocketing to fame as the girl in a red tutu who dances across the wire at death-defying heights. But when she discovers a peacock feather—an infamous object of bad luck—planted on her costume, Jules nearly loses her footing. She has no choice but to seek help from the unlikeliest of people: Remy Garcia, son of the Garcia clan matriarch and the best trapeze artist in the Cirque.

As more mysterious talismans believed to possess unlucky magic appear, Jules and Remy unite to find the culprit. And if they don’t figure out what’s going on soon, Jules may be the first Maroni to do the unthinkable: fall.

   
Why I'm Excited:

Let's see: a circus, a feuding family, star-crossed lovers, trapeze artists, mysterious talismans. That cover! Absolutely everything about this sounds amazing. I haz now, please?

What are you waiting for on this Wednesday? Link me up! 

Hey lovely GFC and new followers, please follow me by Bloglovin as we all know Google Reader has gone/is going by the wayside. (I like to follow back, so please let me know if you're a new follower--and leave a link!) Thank you!!!




11 comments:

  1. Circus setting!! :D There are a few books coming this year involving circuses and I am excited for ALL of them. This cover, though, blows me a away! There is nothing else quite like it out there right now and it's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read a Circus book since Enid Blyton a very long time ago :) Sounds great.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this cover! Great pick!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This one is on my wishlist, love anything circus related so I'll definitely be snagging a copy of this as soon as I can!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, for a minute there I thought it said Girl on Fire, and then I was wondering what the hell she was doing, and then oh. I need to wake up today. You know, I haven't actually read anything to do with a circus. I so need to get to The Night Circus, and The Immortal Circus or anything that has circus in it. But it does sound great! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has a pretty cover and is set in a circus. YES PLEASE. Great pick!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds absolutely amazing! I love how it's totally different to anything I've seen or heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a Circus Book! That sounds so exciting! and that cover is beautiful :)

    Heres Mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romeo and Juliet at the circus???? That's how I interpreted the synopsis. This sounds really interesting!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of this one, but it does sound really good. And so different! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's just something about a circus or carnival setting that always gets my attention. Although, with how much I loved The Night Circus I feel like I'm always going to compare it to future related reads.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one and will do my best to respond--usually on your blog instead of on mine. I will, however, always answer direct questions. Due to serious time restraints, this blog is now an award free zone, but I appreciate the thought!